Recipe: garlic breadJun 18th, 2010
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed in a garlic press or finely chopped
- 1 frac12; tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ tsps dried oregano
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- a grind or two of black pepper
- two slices of crusty bread
Put all ingredients into a small bowl and zap in microwave for about 20 seconds, or until the butter is melted and bubbling.
Remove bowl from microwave andlet sit for 10-15 minutes to let the garlic & other spices infuse the oil & butter.
Using a teaspoon, spoon the oil/butter mixture onto the bread slices and spread it around with the back of the spoon.
Toast in a toaster oven, or under the broiler in the oven (I’d guess 400°F would work) until golden brown.