Also, sautéeing vegetables separately allows me to cook them all to the same doneness, though if one cooks all vegetables at the same time, one can probably achieve that by cutting the vegetables to different sizes according to their required cooking time: bigger pieces for vegetables that cooks quickly (zucchini, mushrooms), and smaller pieces for vegetables taking longer to cook (onions, eggplant, bell peppers).
- 1 onion
- 1 eggplant
- 3 zucchini, two yellow ones and one green one
- 1 lbs harricots verts (a slimmer, firmer, version of green beans)
- 8 ozs crimini mushrooms, pre-sliced
- 14 ozs canned diced tomatoes
- 1 Tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste, about 1 – 1 1/2 tsps
The onions was the only aromatic.