(Re)Upholstery

We bought an Ikea loveseat and armchair set back in 1992. After 12 years of service, the fabric covering wore out and faded. The foam base is still firm and useable, so I decided to recover them both. The loveseat is convertible to a bed, which made the covering complicated.

I removed the covering and ripped all the seams and used the resulting pieces as pattern for the new covering. After ripping the seams, I ironed the pieces flat, making sure the grain lines are reasonably square, so the piece wouldn’t be distorted.

The striped inner fabric, not having seen much use, is almost brand new, so I re-use that in the new cover.